We would love for you to join our community!
Congregation Beth Ahabah is an inclusive Reform Jewish community, offering members a home for spiritual growth, education and support. Through synagogue life congregants engage in multigenerational Jewish learning, strengthen bonds with our Jewish heritage, repair the world through Tikkun Olam, and develop lifelong friendships. A leader in Jewish life in Central Virginia, Beth Ahabah offers members an opportunity to be part of a vibrant, diverse and progressive community with affiliation benefits including:
- Inspirational adult educational programming
- Family Connections and special interest groups through Chavurot
- Access to experiential learning through the Religious School
- Fun-filled social events and activities for all ages
- Use of historic sanctuary and temple facilities
- Support for life-cycle events, such as B’nai Mitzvah, Confirmation, marriage
- Tickets to High Holy Day services
- Option to purchase plots in the synagogue’s historic cemetery
When you join Beth Ahabah, you are not just joining a synagogue; you are becoming part of a caring community. Every single member is important and is valued. We’d love to meet you and get to know you. We invite you to join us for Shabbat services any Friday evening to meet our beloved clergy, temple leadership and members. Or, give us a call at Temple office (804-358-6757) to answer any questions you may have. We look forward to meeting you soon!
It is the firm policy of Beth Ahabah that no congregant be denied membership, education or program access due to an inability to pay dues or other fees. Should any congregant or prospective congregant be unable to afford the suggested minimum financial commitment, they will be confidentially accommodated.
Beth Ahabah offers three categories of membership: individual, family and out of town. The following recommended financial commitments for each category of membership are effective through May 31, 2017, and are subject to change annually. Semi-annual, quarterly and monthly payment plans also are available.
Photo: Sara Jane Longstaff.